Sunday, September 14, 2008

Good-bye Mark Russell


I went to Mark Russell's talk and I found myself wishing I knew him better or at all. I've been grateful for his involvement in the PICA: TBA Festival. He was my first guest artistic director of the festival and I appreciated his focus on theater and performance. See his talk on YouTube about the Under the Radar Festival at the Public in New York. He was also the Executive/Artistic Director of PS122 from 1983-2004. He seems to have an amazing sense of cutting edge work and emerging artists. I want to know how I get his career path. It would be amazing (and I'm sure exhausting) to go to different festivals and performances, both locally and internationally, scouting talent.
Thank you Mark for all you've done for Portland and the festival. Hope to meet you one day.

No comments: