What is really sick about all this is...I like it. It's Saturday night and I'm 20something and instead of boozing it up on the town (which I know how to do very well thank you.) I'm in my sweats reading. READING! It never ends. And I just cannot turn off. I go from work to home where I work some more. The only thing that slows me down is feeding myself and my dog. The dog I can break for, but me no. I hate cooking and I lost my chef in August to grad school. soOOoo...it's back to salads with hard boiled eggs and veggie patties. Sometimes I get inspired, but mainly it's about making the hunger go away so I can get back to reading damn it!
What are you reading Megan?
So glad you asked. I'm reading:
- scripts for JAW; a playwrights festival
- scripts for CoHo Fresh Northwest New Works Competition
- Krishna's Folly by Eugenia Woods (which I will be workshopping and directing for the Fertile Ground Festival)
- How To Disappear Completely and Never be Found by Finn Kennedy (I am the dramaturg on this American premier at PCS)
- Fool for Love by Sam Shepard (because I'm hoping to direct that with Val Landrum and Chris Harder)
- The Actor and the Target by Declan Donnellan (this is for an actor group I'm thinking about starting...& Ken Rus Schmoll suggested it)
but you know. that's it. I think.
you should read this