Thursday, June 25, 2009

First Rehearsal & The Pastor Who Urges His Flock to Bring Guns to Church


Yesterday was the first rehearsal of THE BULLET ROUND. It was a fabulous first read and I enjoyed hearing it out loud again & can't wait to get it on it's feet. I can't believe the play is finally on it's way, it's only been over a year in the making. And on that note, tickets are now available!

This morning, along with the rehearsal notes from last night my stage manger passed on this article she found in the NYTimes. It's worth a read. Here is a quote:


“God and guns were part of the foundation of this country,” Mr. Pagano, 49, said Wednesday as he sat in the small brick Assembly of God house of worship, where a large wooden cross hung over the altar and two American flags jutted from the side walls. “I don’t see any contradiction in this. Not every Christian denomination is pacifist.”

So...I guess what I learned in Religious Education class was incorrect. Glad for the clarification.

No comments: