Sunday, September 23, 2007

Margot's Birthday~Lazy Sunday


We got up around noon. I discovered that I had several mosquito bites. I haven't seen any all summer and I come to Belgium and get attacked! Gross.
We had a real Belgium breakfast. I love the breakfasts at the Roolant house. They always put out a nice spread. Fresh bread, ham, Parma ham, bologna, pate, liver, mini shrimp, crab salad, chicken curry salad, and Gouda and butter of course! So Belgian! I stick to break cheese and ham because I'm not so sure about the crab or shrimps.
Margot opened her presents and answered all her phone calls to wish her happy birthday from all over the world. We then spent the rest of the day lounging around and watching "Oliver Twist" on TCM.
Samantha arrived later that night. We had left overs and we sat on the couch and looked through all my pictures and caught up while Margot and the Roolants went to sleep. It was so nice that she was so interested in the year she missed. We picked up right where we left off. Good friends are like this, not even the distance can separate us.

No comments: